Family Court Clinic
The Family Court Clinic provides independent assessment of children and families involved in child welfare and Youth Criminal Justice matters.
The purpose of the assessment is to provide information and opinion to the referring judge, which contributes to awareness and knowledge of the psychological and social issues related to the child and family appearing before the court. Throughout the assessment process the focus is on identifying relevant needs and developing recommendations that promote the least restrictive alternative, as well as the best interests of the child/family. Recommendations often include referral to appropriate community resources and clinical services.
Referrals are received from the Ontario Court, Provincial Division pursuant to the Child Youth and Family Services Act and the Youth Criminal Justice Act.
Services are offered in the counties of Hastings and Prince Edward.
The Family Court Clinic is funded by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services.
For further information please contact C.S.B.D. at 613-966-7413.
We’re running a new Pilot Group…..
Caregiving through Connections (CTC) offers a safe, non-judgmental group experience for child-welfare involved women caregivers to learn and explore early trauma & its past and present impacts on parenting and children’s development.
We invite you to join in a journey of discovery & growth where we provide:
- an open, transparent and supportive space where you are heard, valued & respected
- tools to enhance your feelings of wellbeing and safety as a woman and mother
This group may be a good fit for you if you:
- Are interested in enhancing your relationship with your child
- Are the caregiver of at least one child under the age of 6
- Are involved with child welfare
- Have experienced childhood trauma/abuse and victimization within adult relationships
- Are motivated to participate in a group with other women
Components of the Group:
- Connections Intervention, 6-8 week group work focusing on identifying the link between early trauma, current attachments and child development
- Circle of Security, 6-8 week group work centering around parent-child attachment, responsiveness and sensitivity.
For further information, contact email@example.com