Family Resource & Support
Family Resource & Support is a child and family centered community service. It is designed to assist families who have a child(ren) from birth to 17 years, living at home, who has a diagnosed developmental disability. Pre-school age children who are at risk of developmental delay may be eligible for service. Such referrals are considered on a case by case basis.
Areas of assistance may include:
- assessment of the child and family’s resources, strengths and needs
- short and long-term planning to address current and anticipated needs
- sharing resource information specific to the child and family’s needs
- supporting the family to promote and negotiate their child’s access to services and community supports that will enhance developmental progress and quality of life
- service co-ordination to work toward identified goals.
Services are offered in the counties of Hastings and Prince Edward.
The Family Resource & Support Program is funded by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services.
For further information please contact C.S.B.D. at 613-966-7413.