Family Court Clinic - Parent Groups
We're running a Parent Group…..
Caregiving Through Connections (CTC) offers a safe, non-judgmental group experience for women caregivers involved with child welfare to learn and explore early trauma & its past and present impacts on parenting and children’s development.
We invite you to join in a journey of discovery & growth where we provide:
This group may be a good fit for you if you:
Components of the Group:
- An open, transparent and supportive space where you are heard, valued & respected
- Tools to enhance your feelings of wellbeing and safety as a woman and mother
- Are interested in enhancing your relationship with your child
- Are the caregiver of at least one child under the age of 6
- Are involved with child welfare
- Have experienced childhood trauma/abuse and victimization within adult relationships
- Are motivated to participate in a group with other women
- Connections Intervention, 6-8 week group work focusing on identifying the link between early trauma, current attachments and child development followed by Circle of Security
- Circle of Security, 6-8 week individual work centering around parent-child attachment, responsiveness and sensitivity.